OLR is headed to a brief holiday. There will be no OLR posts until next weekend.
Now I know that because most of what I post are links to what I think are informative or interesting bits about soccer, it doesn't lend itself to readers offering comments. But I would like to request from my readers their opinion of OLR to assess if you are getting value from the site. Thank you.
Galaxy wins battle of unbeatens in Columbus. RSL stays strong at home. Union get first ever away victory, surprising Houston. Revs win but lose Burpo in horrendous challenge. TFC moves to 2nd in the east. KC and Seattle continue to slide. DCU wins in extra time. San Jose can't maintain momentum.
- Richard Whittall: Is this the Age of the Manager?
- Japan still searching for creative spark.
- Keith Hickey: Growing up soccer.
- West African nations continue to struggle to find skillful playmakers.
- Psychology of the penalty kick.
- Best description I've seen about the new ball keepers are complaining about.
- Asia's three big leagues break for World Cup.
- Tim Vickery: World Cup's legacy will take years to measure.
- Pre cup friendlies: US 2 Turkey 1 - Spain 3 Saudi Arabia 2 - New Zealand 1 Serbia 0 - Slovakia 1 Cameroon 1 - Norway 2 Montenegro 1 - Poland 0 Finland 0 - Sweden 4 Bosnia-Herzegovina 2 - Germany 3 Hungary 0 - South Korea 0 Belarus 1 - England 2 Japan 1- Paraguay 2 Ivory Coast 2 - Mexico 5 Gambia 1 - Chile 1 Northern Ireland 0 - Tunisia 1 France 1 -
- Andrew Guest on Group E (with links to his previews of groups A-D).
- World Cup Tales: When The World Cup Legitimised A Dictatorship – Argentina, 1978.
- Zac Lee Rigg with a brief history of the World Cup.
- Millwall promoted after victory over Swindon Town.
- Corinthians stay top in Brasil.
- Indonesia Super League standings and scorers.